Clifton, New Brunswick (2013)

During my vacation, I made a day trip to Clifton, in northern New Brunswick. I've been to that location last year and made some interesting finds, including some nice ferns. This trip wasn't as fruitful as I had hoped, but I managed to take photos of the numerous trees in situ (surprised by the number present) and the drive in itself was nice.


Always be mindful of the tides when you venture down these beaches as you could get trapped with not many ways out.

Getting my stuff together

Where most of the trees are found

Tree #1 - Bottom section (walking stick for scale, 1 meter long)

Tree #2 - Tree with roots going through various layers

Close-up of 'Tree #2'

Tree #3

Tree #4 (zoomed in on right)

What would have been 'Tree #5'

One of the very few plants I've come across (sparse this year)

Tree #6 with broken section on the beach

Close-up of 'Tree #6'

Tree segments

Tree #7

Photo of 'Tree #7' taken the previous year

It ended up to be a great day to be on the beach. The morning was gloomy but by the time I was done, the Sun had come out and I ended up enjoying the walk. I'll probably make this a yearly trek to see how the bay shapes the cliffs of Clifton and what could potentially come out.



Till next time!

- Keenan


Disclaimer: In New Brunswick under the 'Heritage Conservation Act', fossils discovered must not be destroyed or removed from sites where they are found without a permit. It is every one's civic duty to report any finds to the New Brunswick Museum (https://www.nbm-mnb.ca/). This encourages the contribution these finds could make to science not just in the province, but on the global stage. You must also seek permission if you are to enter private land.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Martin Head (Southern New Brunswick)

Amethyst Cove (Blomidon, Nova Scotia)

Rock Hunting in Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada)